vendredi 8 février 2008

The nation's hangman

I was on the blower to me old mam and she told me that she had just found out from an uncle of mine that we're related to the man who was the country's hangman at the start of the twentieth century, responsible for pulling the lever on the likes of Dr. Crippen, to name but one.
The wonder of the Internet of course meant that, as we spoke, I was able to look up details of the man himself and read her what I had found, and then to find the book he had written of his life as executioner on Amazon and order it before the conversation was over.
She was of course very pleased that I was able to come up with all this, and told me: "Isn't it a coincidence that you were looking into this too?"
Truly worthy of Mrs Brady, Old Lady! Nice one, mum!

Aucun commentaire: